Saturday, June 16, 2007

A 1/2 a Paycheck Away-My Story

I can't exactly say I have been homeless, but close to it. I have had to sleep in hotels because I couldn't find a place to live. Looking for affordable places is even harder. I always looked for two bedroom places. Myself, husband and three children. Two bedrooms is all we could afford and most landlords won't rent two bedrooms for a family of five. So what were we to do. Finally we just had to break down and lie and say we just had 2 and then we could get in.

These days it's even harder to get into a place. Landlords will now do a credit check before they will rent to you. If you have had a hard time paying your bills then your credit will be blemished. For some, its no fault of there own and some its not. But for those that it's no fault of their own it's truly not fair.

For the working poor we are just a 1/2 a paycheck away from being in the streets.

No comments: