Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Urban Plunge is Done!!!!

The mayoral candidates took the urban plunge we reported about a few days ago. I myself wanted to come down to interview Buck Dozier but wasn't able to. According to the Tennessean he stated he didn't even get the chance to sleep. I am not sure what it means to not get the chance, I just know that I wouldn't have been able to sleep period!!!! If you're not really homeless you really can even fathom what it feels like.

They did get first hand knowledge of where they sleep on a regular basis, where they go to the bathroom, meeting them, seeing who they are, they're people just like me and you-not some aliens or lower life form ect. This experience I am sure did open some eyes though and probably very humbling. Also know that you can't save everyone and not everyone wants to be saved.

It has been reported by several sources that there are 1000-1500 homeless people in the city of Nashville. However not everyone is there because of circumstances. Some are there by choice. They don't want responsibilities. I myself have thought because of certain stresses that it might just be easier. When you can't keep up with the Jones people look down on you but when you sit on a city park bench they feel sorry for you. I wonder which one would be the better.

Folks I know were just waiting to see if these men would really do it. Did you really expect them not to? The Urban Plunge was broadcast everywhere. They were obligated to do it. I think when looking for a candidate to vote for you should look at the things they've done when no one was looking. This is their true character.

No comments: